Our automatic emergency escape hammer provides fast and reliable exits with Safescape. Data from accidents and research shows that the provision of emergency exits on trains is often inadequate. Safescape® provides passengers with emergency exits that will provide fast emergency escape and could therefore save lives.
Key Features of Safescape
- Operates in seconds creating an exit quickly
- Retrofit to existing windows or build into new windows
- Replaces hammer and cannot be stolen
- Fast, efficient emergency escape at the push of a button.
- Easy to use.
- Does not require strength – anyone can use including the elderly and disabled.
- Safety film option makes escape safer, easier and faster.
- Attaches directly to Escape Window avoiding confusion.
- Retrofits quickly to existing windows.
- Cannot be stolen.
- Anti-tamper mechanisms built in.
- Low maintenance requirement.
- Custom design available for new trains / refurbishments.
THE RAIL RETROFIT RANGE
All Safescape® units in the Rail Retrofit Range are designed to be fitted to existing train windows made from toughened/tempered glass, single or double glazed. Fitting is quick and straight forward using VHB (very high bond) tape, time to fit approx 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on the model of train. The unit is self-contained and has minimum maintenance requirements, internal batteries have a 10 year life, a circuit and battery test button make testing easy. The option of a window film makes pushing the window away easier and safer.